My cholesterol level is a 35 what should i do?
I'm 39 and my cholesterol level is a 35 what should i do? Need to know is that good or bad?ANSWER
Thank you for your query.
You are reporting that your cholesterol level is a 35. Please take note that there are various numbers of cholesterol including:
1. Total cholesterol: normal range lower than 200 mg/dL
2. HDL cholesterol: higher than 50 mg/dL
3. LDL cholesterol: below 120 mg/dL
4. Triglycerides: lower than 150 mg/dL
However, all these numbers will depend on the:
- reference range of the lab where you got the test
- risk you have to develop heart disease.
For your information, such risk involves following factors:
1. Family members with heart disease
2. High blood pressure
3. Diabetes/prediabetes/metabolic disease
4. Being overweight/obese
5. Lack of physical activity
6. Following an unhealthy diet
9. High blood cholesterol
Taking all these into account, I need to have your full lipid profile testing first, and get it analyzed by myself.
In this way, I can give a more specific answer over the next steps to follow to improve your cholesterol numbers.
Hope it was of help!Dr.AlbanaGreca