OFF THE CHART TRIGLYCERIDES
by SHARON BOWDEN
QUESTION: I JUST HAD BLOOD WORK DONE,
MY CHOLESTEROL IS 255 AND TRGLYCERIDES ARE OFF THE CHART 2209. I KNOW THIS HAS GOT TO BE A RECORD AND I AM AFRAID.
WHAT CAN I DO. I KNOW MY DR IS GOING TO PUT ME ON MEDS OH YEAH I LOVE SWEETS AND I KNOW THIS HAS TO BE THE PROBLEM. 7065 MILLERS GLEN WAY HELP PLEASE.
ANSWER: Hi Sharon,
Your triglyceride level is really really high. The good thing is that you know is high and know the causes:))
To recapitulate, the causes of high triglycerides include:
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating foods high in calories (sweets, etc.)
- Do you have problems with diabetes? Have you measured blood sugar levels (fasting, A1C, etc)?
- Do you have any problem with thyroid gland? Usually, hypothyroidism is associated with high triglycerides.
- Are you consuming too much alcohol? It can be another cause too.
- Are you taking contraceptives? They are also related to high triglycerides problems.
- Do you suffer from any kidney disease?
- Are you taking other drugs like beta-blockers for lowering blood pressure? Or are you taking steroids or tamoxifen?
They can cause high TG levels too.
As you may see, the solution is hidden in the improvement in each of the above-mentioned causes.
So, limiting or stop eating high-calorie foods, being more active and optimizing diseases like diabetes, heart or kidney would also help.
Please be in contact with a dietitian or physician to slowly reduce the calorie intake of yours.
In addition, there are some natural herbs that can help you lower your high TG levels.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Low cholesterol recipes.